Traverse City Sailing | Charter Champion
Schedule your Traverse City sailing charter on Champion!
Maritime Heritage Alliance offers day and evening sailing charters cruises on the cutter Champion in beautiful Traverse City. This unique Traverse City sailing charter is an opportunity that takes place on our 39-foot, 1870′s style, gaff-rigged, cutter Champion. This gentleman’s tall ship is registered with Tall Ships America with a six passenger license.
All captains are USCG licensed and can provide an adventure that is tailored to your group’s sailing charter preferences.
Your Traverse City sailing charter destination possibilities
- Power Island sightseeing
- Cherry Festival outings
- Fourth of July fireworks viewing
- Sunset swims at anchor
What you can bring on your sailing charter
- You are welcome to bring food, wine, and beer for the cruise. We do ask that you use coolers provided on board.
- We can provide lists of take-out restaurants for your convenience, but you are responsible for ordering and delivery.
- Our cruise includes complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
Available time slots
- Traverse City Sailing Charters run from Wednesday evening to Sunday evening
- Traverse City Sailing charters on Wednesday through Friday cruises begin after 6 p.m.
- Traverse City sailing charters on weekends cruises begin at noon, 3 p.m., or after 6 p.m.
- Arrangements for special packages can be made with the Captain
- Corporate team building
- Power Island tours
Please reserve your Traverse City sailing charter here
Or you may also contact the main office for reservations: 231-946-2647 or email Champion@maritimeheritagealliance.org
- Reservations need to be made 7 days in advance by phone or through the website.
- A 50% deposit needs to be put down at time of the reservation
- Cancellations made before 24 hours will be refunded
- Full refunds will be made if reservations are cancelled by MHA
Our location/get directions
We are located at 13268 S. West Bay Shore Drive
Traverse City, MI 49684.
We are a part of the Discovery Center.
For more information, contact Maritime Heritage Alliance.