Community and Heritage Sails
Maritime Heritage Alliance offers complimentary sails to individuals and non-profit groups on certain afternoons and evenings when our Tall Ship Madeline is in home port and is available. This is our way of saying "thank you" to the Grand Traverse community for your support.
Madeline Heritage Sails are without charge and open to the general public as follows:
- An individual may sign up to four persons per sail per season.
- Children 10 years of age and under must bring their own Coast Guard approved, child's size PFD to be worn at all times when onboard.
- Each child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult who is not a crew member for that sail.
- All guests will be required to sign the MHA Release from Liability form at the time of the sail. Release forms for passengers under 18 years old must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Free parking is available in the MHA lot across from Madeline's harbor on M-22 in Greilickville.
How to schedule your sail
Contact the MHA office by email:
or phone 231-946-2647 with the following information:
- your name
- your phone number and email address
- name of guest(s)
- two or three possible dates, as some sails will fill up and you may be assigned to a group
Community Sails are offered to regional non-profit groups and are limited to 19 guests. To be put on a waiting list, send a letter of request on your non-profit organization’s letterhead addressed to:
Maritime Heritage Alliance
Attn: MADELINE COMMITTEE
13268 S. West Bay Shore Dr.
Traverse City, MI 49684