Maritime Heritage Alliance is located approximately 2 miles north of Traverse City on M-22, in Greilickville, Leelanau County, at the Discovery Center - Great Lakes where we partner with the Great Lakes Children's Museum, the Watershed Center Grand Traverse Bay, and Traverse Area Community Sailing (TACS).
Our affiliate business partner, the Traverse Tall Ship Company has operated from the Discovery Center - Great Lakes campus since 2012. The Tall Ship Manitou, a 114-ft. replica of an 1800's "coasting" cargo schooner, sets sail from the dock directly across M-22. A shuttle bus transports passengers from the ticket kiosk to the dock.
13268 S. West Bay Shore Drive
Traverse City, MI 49684
GPS coordinates: 44° 47.1 min N 85° 38.3 min W
Edwin and Mary Brown Boat Shop (Building 1)
- Ongoing, major boat-building and repair projects are worked on here by MHA members and other volunteers
- Special events, educational programs, and presentations are often held here
Peter Henry Boat Shop (Building 2)
- Boat-building, restoration, and maintenance projects can be seen here
- The Modeler's Shop, opened in fall 2013, provides a dedicated space where modelers can work on projects and participate in modeling workshops and demonstrations
- The MHA office is located here
- MHA boats and seasonal equipment are stored here
- Mixed use building
Check out our calendar for a current list of activities!